Keto Pigs In A Blanket
Making these fathead pigs in a blanket is a must for home parties! Tender and tasty dough wrapped around juicy grass-fed beef hot dogs. These are low carb and keto diet friendly.
- 1 Pound Hot Dogs (8 Count)
- 1 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Whey Protein Isolate (Isopure, Almond Flour, Coconut Flour or Oat Fiber)
- 1 Large Egg Beaten With 2 Teaspoons Of Water
- Sesame Seeds (Optional)
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Place rack to the middle position of the oven. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Remove the hot dogs from their package and place them on a paper towel. Dry them off. Beat the extra egg with water for the egg wash.
- Add the mozzarella cheese to a medium microwaveable bowl. Cut the cream cheese into small pieces and add to the mozzarella cheese. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high power. Stir. If the cheese hasn't melted, cook for an additional 20-30 seconds more.
- Put the cheese in a food processor and add the egg. Process until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and process into a very sticky dough. Preheat oven to 400 F. Scrape the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, wrap, and place into the freezer while the oven preheats.
- Keep hands lightly oiled. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each into a ball. Working with one ball of dough at a time, roll into a snake about a foot long. Starting about 3/4 of an inch from the end of a hot dog, start winding the snake around the length of the hot dog. Place the wrapped hot dog on the work surface and roll back and forth until the dough is smooth. I had about 1/2 inch of the hot dog poking out on each side. Place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat 7 more times.
- Dip a pastry brush into the egg wash and brush the surface of each bagel dog - don't forget the sides. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to add a nice looking texture.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned. My dogs plumped up and split the dough on a few of my hot dogs. They were still delicious!
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://moocarb.com/