Low Carb Red Velvet Donuts
These donuts end up being extremely moist. A crunchy outside with a pudding-like texture on the inside. The chocolate and vanilla flavors really come though, and the coconut finishes everything off with a fantastic flavor.
Red Velvet Donuts
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Golden Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ Cup Erythritol
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, Melted
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk (From The Carton)
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 20 Drops Red Food Coloring
- Pinch Of Salt
Pink Keto Icing
- ¼ Cup Powdered Erythritol
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 5 Drops Red Food Coloring
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Mix all dry ingredients together for the donut batter.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients for the donut batter (melt coconut oil if needed).
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing together well until consistent.
- Once the mixture is thoroughly combined, pour the mixture into a plastic bag.
- Slice a small hole in the plastic bag and use it to pipe the batter into each indent of your mini donut tray (about 3/4 full).
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you're making larger size donuts, it will take 18-20 minutes.
- While the donuts are in the oven, create the icing. Start by using a coffee or spice grinder to powder the erythritol.
- Once powdered, add the other ingredients and stir together until everything is combined.
- Once out of the oven, dunk each donut and decorate how you want. You can let the icing harden by placing in the refrigerator.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://moocarb.com/